Direct School Admission
Direct School Admission – Secondary Exercise
DSA-Sec for Admission to Secondary 1 in 2018
The Direct School Admission (DSA-Sec) Exercise is a scheme which gives the school the flexibility to select students for admission based on the recognition of their achievements and talents other than just academic results achieved at the national examinations.
QSS DSA-Sec Exercise 2017
Primary Six pupils may seek direct school admission into Queensway Secondary School before the Secondary One Posting Exercise (November 2017).
We invite pupils in Primary Six in 2017 to apply for DSA-Sec to the school in the following broad areas:
- Sports & Outdoor Education
- Environmental Science Education and STEM-related areas
- Leadership in any CCA groups
- Other Talents
We have developed distinctive programmes in Environmental Science Education as Applied Learning Programme and Sports & Outdoor Education as Learning for Life Programme.
The Admission Selection Criteria are as follow:
- Good consistent academic results in Primary 5 and 6 examinations
- Strong aptitude and good performance with an excellent portfolio of awards and achievements in any of these: Sports, Outdoor Education & Adventure, Environmental Science, Science Research and Exploration.
- Good record of Leadership, Community Involvement Projects and Service in school and community and have held leadership positions in any one of these: Sports, Outdoor Education & Adventure, Prefectorial Board or any CCA or Service Clubs or Environmental Champions/Ambassadors.
- Applicant must be willing to actively participate in environmental related areas and sports and outdoor education areas as part of their school programme requirements throughout their secondary education.
- Copies of Primary 5 and 6 academic result slips
- Copies of portfolio or record of special awards and achievements (if any) in Environmental Science, Science Research and Exploration, Outdoor Activities & Adventure, Sports and other Co-Curricular Activities (CCA)
- Copies of record of leadership, community involvement projects and service in school and community as Sports Leaders or Outdoor Education & Activities Leaders or CCA Leaders or VIA Leaders or Environmental Champions/Ambassadors.
- Recommendations or referrals (if any) from school/instructors/other organisation upon shortlisted.