Queensway Secondary School
The Science & Environment Club, also known as Green Club, aims to grow students into confident and active contributors to the environment.
- Raise awareness and understanding of environmental issues.
- Instil a sense of responsibility and commitment to the environment.
- To develop in members the depth of scientific understanding and inter-disciplinary perspective needed to bring about scientific solutions to environmental problems.
- To help the school attain Sustained Lotus Achievement Award in the Singapore Environment Council (SEC)'s School Green Awards (SGA).
- To support and partner external environmental agencies like PUB and NEA in outreach.
|Teachers-in-Charge||Ms Jasmine Tay|
|Mr Ma Chung Wai|
|Average new members per year||3|
|President||Gorgena Chew Jia Lin||411|
|Vice-President (Admin)||Anders Loke||402|
|Vice-President (Outreach)||Teu Kah Min||412|
|Activity||Month(s), if applicable|
|Check and Patrol of Sungei Ulu Pandan||Termly|
|Green Camp (for Primary Schools)||March|
|World Water Day||22 March|
|Earth Day||22 April|
|International Day of Biodiversity||22 May|
|Environmental Champion Workshops (by NEA)||June/September Holidays|
|Biodiversity Audit||July to August|
|Green Camp (by Ngee Ann Polytechnic)||September Holidays|
|Environmental Competitions||April to September|
|Assembly of Youth for Environment||November|