Queensway Secondary School
Track & Field
The QSS Cross Country team aims are to strengthen character and maximize the potential and performance of our athletes in distance running.
- To equip members with essential leadership qualities to better serve others within and beyond the school.
- To identify and develop athletes who have the potential to be competitive distance runners.
- To identify opportunities for participation and exposure in both competitive and recreational settings.
- To promote distance running as a recreational sport so as to develop life-long recreation interests and nurture a healthy lifestyle.
- To strengthen and maximise the potential of our athletes in the areas of discipline, responsibility, sportsmanship, leadership and achievement.
- Enhance knowledge of running through a comprehensive and structured training programme, intensive holiday training camps, and learning journeys.
To obtain a Top 20 finish in the National Schools Cross Country Championships in the following categories:
- ‘C’ Division Boys & Girls
- ‘B’ Division Boys & Girls
|Teachers-in-Charge :||Mr Gerard Danker|
|Miss Naseema Banu Maideen Pillay|
|Average new members per year||25|
|Captain||Darel Lim Wei Chen||404|
|Vice Captain||Tracy Cheong Teng Fong||404|
|Junior Captain||Christian Wong Kai En||303|
|Junior Vice Captain||Kieron Chan Jai Yong||304|
Activities for the Year
|Type of Activity||Month for Activity|
|SAA Track & Field Series||January to December|
|Terry Fox Run||February|
|Wings Athletic Club Run|
|North-East Compressport Run||March|
|SPH Relays Championships|
|National Schools Cross Country Championship|
|National Inter-Schools T&F Meet||April|
|MediaCorp Battle of the Schools Run||May|
|Metta Charity Run|
|Island Road Runners|
|Passion North Run|
|Overseas training/ competition/ VIA to Indonesia||June|
|SAAA Track & Field Series 5||July|
|Tylo Milo Run||August|
|Orange Ribbon Run|
|SAAA Track & Field Series 6||October|
|Singapore National Games 2015||November|
|GIVE Kids 10k Run|
|Training Camp (local or overseas)||December|